Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mrs. Paola Juarez and Literature Circles

When I visited Mrs. Juarez's class, I was pleased to learn that she started using Thinking Maps for literature circles.  She and I must have some kind of psychic energy because I had just presented the idea to Ramona School last Saturday.  She approached me and said, "I've been using Thinking Maps for literature circles."  I nearly flipped.  It was great see innovation with Thinking Maps.

My version involves assigning a different map to each member of the group.  For example, one student can focus on setting with a brace map.  This student will break the setting apart on a brace map.  When it's time to share their work, each student will have engaged in a different thinking skill for the passage.

I hope Mrs. Juarez will send me some scanned samples of what students created.  

No comments: